We started Saturday morning with the church having a pancake breakfast and dying eggs. My first mental picture of that was Mason chucking dye across the room at some unsuspecting mom. My friend Amy's reaction was her daughter Kinsley making beautiful eggs (see Dudley's egg dying box for a picture). It actually didn't go that way for either of us but everyone had a great time. I did end up with blue handed child!
We then came home and attacked the yard. It had not been mowed or raked since July so 11 bags of leaves and a mow later, it looks beautiful (thank you Joel). I even found out I have a garden. I found some flowers budding in the midst of leaves- ah the promise of Spring. It was a cool little reminder to find new life on Easter weekend. I love God's little reminders, don't you?
My dad is in Tunisia so Easter went a little backwards. We went to church, had Sonic for lunch (a fine assortment of beef and pork) and then spent Easter evening at the Elgards along with my mom. The kids found eggs filled jelly beans, frogs, and stickers (read DENTAL ASSISTANT) and had a great time.
My dad is in Tunisia so Easter went a little backwards. We went to church, had Sonic for lunch (a fine assortment of beef and pork) and then spent Easter evening at the Elgards along with my mom. The kids found eggs filled jelly beans, frogs, and stickers (read DENTAL ASSISTANT) and had a great time.
Oh, and we sang Up From the Grave on the way home.


2 comments:
I think we need a lot of old men with some big ol' bass voices before Hillside is ready for "Up From the Grave."
But it's a keeper.
I'm so glad Nicole knows what song that is! I can hear her chiming in...
Post a Comment