I ran in a race on Sunday!
But read on before you get too excited. It was a 5k (I'm not going to convert that for you- it sounds better in kilometers). But we had a great time.
My sis-in-law Jenn works for a company called Donor Alliance and heads up the Donor Dash. It's a great race at Wash Park with everything from Starbucks, to bagels, to chapstick (best EVER) and of course, all the freebies you can carry.
What made the race less fun was the obnoxious amount of dog poop left by the locals. Stink! Imagine trying to run with that smell flying up your nostrils.
My mom, Robin, and I all attended and had a blast. It was great to have just us girls. Believe me, I didn't envy those pushing their jogging stoller in the least bit.
My sis-in-law Jenn works for a company called Donor Alliance and heads up the Donor Dash. It's a great race at Wash Park with everything from Starbucks, to bagels, to chapstick (best EVER) and of course, all the freebies you can carry.
What made the race less fun was the obnoxious amount of dog poop left by the locals. Stink! Imagine trying to run with that smell flying up your nostrils.
My mom, Robin, and I all attended and had a blast. It was great to have just us girls. Believe me, I didn't envy those pushing their jogging stoller in the least bit.
I certainly didn't improve on my time and I'm sure that most of you could beat my time but I was pretty proud of my 30.something minutes.
Joel is regretting his decision not to attend since right before the 3 mile marker guys were handing out free beer.
Joel is regretting his decision not to attend since right before the 3 mile marker guys were handing out free beer.


4 comments:
love that you posted a pic of you, robin and your mom (right?) in your race gear. you girls look awesome! i could run a 5k for free starbucks, i think?!
hmmmmmm beer
hey kari, that's awesome!! i am so out of shape... i don't know that i could do that... maybe for starbucks! i read your blog by the way!! i just started one too. you should check it out.
http://livingwiththehawes.blogspot.com/
thanks for making it sound like we all ran.
Post a Comment