As a lot of you know, we had a miscarriage in May followed by another one in July. God has really been laying some things on my heart and I'm mentally planning to write on the things he's taught me, very shortly here. But for now, I am going to prep you with this poem. My sweet sister found this for me and it has been near and dear to my heart every day. I hope it touches you if you are struggling and learning to wait on God.
Wait
by Russell Kelfer
by Russell Kelfer
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried;
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate...
and the Master so gently said,"Wait."
"Wait? you say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I relate
hangs in the balance and you tell me to Wait?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign.
Or even a 'no,' to which I'll resign.
You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply."
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
as my Master replied again, "Wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,
and grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting...for what?"
He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes met with mine...
and He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead and cause mountains to run.
I could give all you seek and pleased you would be.
You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint.
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair;
you'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
when darkness and silence are all you can see.
You'd never experience the fullness of love
when the peace of My spirit descends like a dove.
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
the faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.
You'd never know should your pain quickly flee,
what it means that My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true,
but oh, the loss if I lost what I'm doing in you.
So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
that the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still "Wait".
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate...
and the Master so gently said,"Wait."
"Wait? you say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I relate
hangs in the balance and you tell me to Wait?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign.
Or even a 'no,' to which I'll resign.
You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply."
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
as my Master replied again, "Wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,
and grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting...for what?"
He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes met with mine...
and He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead and cause mountains to run.
I could give all you seek and pleased you would be.
You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint.
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair;
you'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
when darkness and silence are all you can see.
You'd never experience the fullness of love
when the peace of My spirit descends like a dove.
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
the faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.
You'd never know should your pain quickly flee,
what it means that My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true,
but oh, the loss if I lost what I'm doing in you.
So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
that the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still "Wait".
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31


15 comments:
I have been missing hearing your words on this blog, but believe me I understand that "you time" is sometimes the best time, especially when searching for healing of the heart or nourishment of the soul. Love this poem, thanks for sharing! Love you!
*sigh*
Thanks for posting that, Kari. :)
Love you.
miss you.
praying for you.
keep resting in HIM.
Kari,
I'm so sorry for your losses, my heart is sad for you. I still remember after we lost our first pregnancy you were the first person I spoke to afterwards that acknowledged our loss, acknowledged my feelings about it. I love this poem, thanks for sharing. Love you too honey and praying for you.
Kari,
I'm so so sorry for your losses. That is a beautiful poem with a great message.
You guys are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.
Hey Kari! I just thought I would let you know I ran across your blog and wanted to say hi. You've got a beautiful family!
i will continue to pray and i am just so sorry. thanks for sharing and write when you can. in the mean time i love to hear about mason on robin's page!
That is a beautiful poem! I, too had a miscarriage last year. It is very difficult and at times still don't understand the reasons, but we have had a beautiful girl since then and have to trust that God knows what he is doing. He ways are so much greater than ours... to the point that it doesn't make sense to us. I am praying for you during this time.
Oh my goodness, Kari....I HAVE to put this on my blog! This is EXACTLY where I am at and it a huge time of waiting. I hope you don't mind if I do that...it so beautifully encourages and expresses exactly how I feel and after reading it my soul is refreshed, renewed, and blessed. THANK YOU! And thanks to Robyn for giving it! I am right there with you...although far away...I think of you often and am praying for you as my sister in Christ who is on this same journey with me!
aww, this poem is precious. praying for you, sweet kari. :) love from japan!!
Beautiful words Kari -praying for you guys!
Love to you three...
funny, i was just thinking about you and joel the other day and wondering if you were going to have more kids. so sorry to here about what has been happening in that area. how awesome that we have a God like we do though. great poem.
just read robin's & joel's blogs, kari. let me just say that i'm praying (& crying) for you. so sorry for you & all that you are going through. there are no words for this.
Kari, thank you for sharing this poem. It's beautiful and fits life's circumstances so well. My heart is filled with thoughts, prayers and love for you.
Dear Kari,
How heartbreaking to read your news. It must be very difficult to contemplate what the Lord has for you in all this...just know that He loves you very much. Also, don't give up.
I'll be praying that the Lord gives you strength, patience, and healing.
Love you sweet girl.
BTW, that little stinker of yours sounds like quite the little genius. I hope that he makes you guys laugh through this pain, if possible.
Post a Comment