
(Like the toy lawnmower and balls?
We change weather like pants in Colorado.)
This morning, within 15 minutes of being awake, we accomplished the top 2 signs that it was the seasons 1st snow.
Reason #1: I took a picture of the snow
Reason #2: Mason dressed in full out snow gear
and was outside by 7am

Truly, I have never seen the child get dressed so fast.
And thank goodness he did, because I really needed my grass shoveled!

As he was coming in, he looked up the sky and said "Mommy, what's these things?"
I was kinda puzzled as to what he was talking about since I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
"Um, oh, you mean snowflakes? Those are snowflakes" was my confused reply.
"OOOhhh" came the mesmerized response.
I'd forgotten that he hadn't seen snowflakes since he was 2. It was so fun to see it through his eyes. Made me want to get on my snow clothes too (that and because I wanted to wear my cute snow outfit)!
About an hour later Mason and I had to run out briefly. And it was then I discovered the #3 sign that it was the 1st snow of the season.
Reason #3: A semi abandoned on a main road in 1 inch of snow
Seriously??
Later this morning Averie and Hadley and special guest star Kinsley joined us for some fun in the snow.
Reason #2: Mason dressed in full out snow gear
and was outside by 7am

Truly, I have never seen the child get dressed so fast.
And thank goodness he did, because I really needed my grass shoveled!

As he was coming in, he looked up the sky and said "Mommy, what's these things?"
I was kinda puzzled as to what he was talking about since I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
"Um, oh, you mean snowflakes? Those are snowflakes" was my confused reply.
"OOOhhh" came the mesmerized response.
I'd forgotten that he hadn't seen snowflakes since he was 2. It was so fun to see it through his eyes. Made me want to get on my snow clothes too (that and because I wanted to wear my cute snow outfit)!
About an hour later Mason and I had to run out briefly. And it was then I discovered the #3 sign that it was the 1st snow of the season.
Reason #3: A semi abandoned on a main road in 1 inch of snow
Seriously??
Later this morning Averie and Hadley and special guest star Kinsley joined us for some fun in the snow.

Don't you wish you were with us? I only wish I had gotten a picture of Kinsley, who later dressed herself and put it all on backwards, boots included.
I am now on round 4 of snow pants on, boots on, find the mittens, get on the coat, position the hat, and welcome Mason back in after 5 minutes of outdoor snowy fun!
Happy 1st snow day!


3 comments:
Oh the joys of winter - in and out, dressed and undressed. And the best of all, you are putting on the hat, the last item and you recieve the response, "I have to go to the bathroom" - and it all starts over!
pay no attention to Kinsley's uncoordinated gloves, hat, snowpants for an 18 month old and no coat! off to the store! thanks for the fun!
Man I'm jealous...it got down to 38last night and all we got were die hard mosquitos!!
Post a Comment