Dear Santa,
After giving Mason the chance to sit on your lap last night, I realized that I missed out big time.
Not on the chance to sit on your lap.
Don't get me wrong, when Elf sits on Papa Elf's lap, I about split my sides but it's not really something I'm interested in.
What is missed out on, was my Wish List.
I think that I have earned some gifts from you this year. I was mostly nice.
I had a few naughty moments like the time I dented the car and didn't tell Joel.
Or every time I tell Mason it's time for his rest but only because I want to catch up on DVR'ed 90210's and CSI's.
But for the most part, I rocked away at the nice list.
I only have a few things that I am requesting this Christmas. Really, it's quite simple.
First, I ask for a remote control key finder. Seriously, it's embarrassing walking store to store with a Target cart looking for keys I may have lost 3 stores back. And then retracing my steps through each store until I finally find them at Target, where the cart belongs.
I suppose the solution would be an organized purse but come on, why else do I carry a saddlebag?
Secondly, I would like a camera that has a battery charge of more than 5 pictures. Is that too much to ask?
Now, the camera was free and that's awesome. But when I'm trying to video Mason on your lap and it doesn't work because one finger has to be holding the video button and the other the shutter button without covering the lens, I think I'm in a position to ask. Add the fervrent prayer that the battery won't die whilst I capture the precious moment, I think my wish is quite jusified.
Third (and last) I would like a watch...for Joel.
I wear a watch. I am always late.
He doesn't wear a watch. He loves to be on time.
However, the "what time is it" question inevitably falls on me so therefore, we are always late, and it's always my fault.
Can you bring him a watch he'll love so mine can return to being a mere accessory and even an occasional time keeper?
Thanks Santa. I will try not to dent the car this year.
Or at least I'll fess up.
Sincerely,
Kari
December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are to good at this blogging thing!
Kari...I hope all of your spoken wishes, and especially those that have not been spoken, do come true!
Post a Comment