January 22, 2009

An Official Hi-jacking

Hello, faithful readers of Kari's. This is Robin, her loving sister. I was pretty much tired of ME being the subject of her most recent post so I decided to hi-jack her blog. That's one of the great things about having a sister... knowing each other's deepest darkest secrets, log-in names, and passwords. I regularly check her email too... ok, not really.

Hmmmm... well, since she so kindly spotlighted ME in her most recent post, it's now my turn to do so for HER! So if you don't mind, let me brag on my sister for just a little bit. Kari is one of the strongest people I know and I admire her so deeply. In spite of her struggles over the past year, she has allowed God to use these trials to mold and shape her; not hardening her heart, but fully accepting what He has allowed to be her cross. While there were many days of confusion, questions, tears, and brokenness, still you'd find her, looking to the Lord and relying on the faith that has been hers for so long. And she's still doing that. She's taught me a lot about what it means to wait with godly hope, to live in the moment, and to trust God for the ones to come. And don't even get me started on the physical pain she is now enduring in the form of injections and blood draws, along with endless medications and trips to the doctor's office. But she doesn't complain... still firmly trusting in God's plan for her.

I love you so much, my sweet sister, and I'm so proud of you!

Love, Robin

7 comments:

Sarah said...

oooh, you are so sneaky Robin! haha! But I agree with you 100%! Kari you are awesome!

The Essons said...

Wonderful, loving sisters -you both are pretty incredible in my opinion!

Kari said...

Well that's embarrassing. I'll be updating soon.

Lindsay said...

Hear, Hear, Robin!! Glad you are feeling better BTW!

Janice said...

That was so sweet, Robin, and moving to read. Thank you for sharing how Kari is doing in all of this. We've been praying for both of you, and will continue.

The Page Family said...

Missed you at church...hope everything is ok! Do you and Mason want to come over for lunch this week or next?

Jessica said...

sniff, sniff. i so admire the relationship you girls have, i pray my girls will have it just like you. :) miss you both. xo